Mom's Chicken Recipes
EASY CHICKEN CACCIATORE
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
This easy, yummy recipe for chicken cacciatore will bring smiles all arounf the table. And...it is easy to make.
1 hour 13 mins
3 to 4 pounds your favorite chicken parts
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
1 medium bell pepper, diced (any color)
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (28 oz.) can diced tomatoes
3/4 cup dry red wine
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Salt and pepper lightly.
2. Heat oil in a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pot in a single layer. Cook until browned all over, about 5 minutes per side. Remove chicken and keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms and green pepper to the pot and saute until pepper is softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional minute.
4. Return the chicken to the pot.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomatoes, wine, basil and oregano. Add the flour and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Pour sauce mixture over chicken. Cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
IS EATING CHICKEN HEALTHY?
HOW LONG TO COOK CHICKEN?
BBQ CHICKEN RECIPES
Design by W3layouts